Sunday, March 27, 2011

The oil cleansing method

So starting today, I've finally decided to jump on the oil cleansing method (ocm) train.  After doing tons of research, I've decided to start out with a mixture of 1 part castor oil, to 3 parts olive oil.  I'm going to be using sweet oil that can be found in your local store/ drugstore where castor oil can be found, usually in the pharmacy section or health care area.  Sweet oil is actually just olive oil, taken from olive oil that is odorless.  I just feel better about using this than just a bottle of olive oil found in the cooking oil isle as sweet oil is meant for topical use.

The oil cleansing method is just as is sounds, cleaning your skin with oils.  I know this sounds insane!!  I can see how it would help even oily skin tho, as in high school my skin would pour out oil and I thought that meant that I didn't need a moisturizer.  I was so wrong.  As soon as I started using moisturizers my skin pretty much normalized and now creates just the right amount of moisture, only getting dry or oily depending on weather and my current skin care routine.  My concern now is dealing with clogged pours and getting a deep clean without stripping my skin so that I can work on calming breakouts and getting that normalized so that I can start working on exfoliating to improve my skin texture, appearance, and to get rid of old acne scars.

The ocm is explained really well here http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/ and information about carrier oils can be found at Garden of Wisdom or my other favorite site Mountain Rose Herbs.  For me tho I'm just going to start out simple and experiment with other oils later.  I'm going to update my progress every week, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment